The Board provides oversight and guidance on behalf of Corporation’s Shareholder, Her Majesty, on the strategies, business plans, risk management and related affairs of the Corporation.
In carrying out its oversight role, the Board holds management accountable for its business performance and strategic objectives. In fulfilling its responsibilities, the Board exercises due diligence over:
- strategic initiatives and corporate plans;
- service and operational performance;
- internal control and financial reporting;
- major contracts and investments;
- recruitment of officers other than the CEO;
- health and safety, labour and compensation management;
- effective reporting to the shareholder.